A selection of interviews
The first of four videoclips of Leon de Kock interviewing Etienne van Heerden and translator Michiel Heyns on 30 Nights in Amsterdam, Kalk Bay Books.
- Cape Argus: Weaving magic in his way with words [03.2011]
- Beeld: Van Heerden sweet oor Engelse 'Amsterdam' [02.2011]
- Magwood on Books: "We are fortunate that Penguin has seen fit to issue three of Etienne van Heerden’s novels translated into English. He is a monumental presence on our literary scene as Professor in the School of Languages and Literatures at UCT, as the founder and hands-on wrangler of his marvellous site LitNet, and as a multi award-winning author in his own right. 30 Nights comes freighted with awards from the Afrikaans establishment. It is a stupendous novel, a dense, phantasmagorical tale of longing and regret, of blame and disguise and sleight of memory. It is also a novel of exquisite language ..." Read more here. [03.2011]
- SLiP: Launch of Etienne van Heerden’s 30 Nights in Amsterdam. [03.2011]
- The Natal Witness: The inspiration behind Etienne van Heerden’s latest novel. [03.2011]
- The Star Tonight: Zan-speak finds its tongue. An interview by Diane de Beer.
- Podcast of Radio Today interview: Sue Grant-Marshall chatted to Etienne van Heerden about his recent release 30 Nights in Amsterdam.
- Penguin Author of the Month Interview: Etienne van Heerden, author of 30 Nights in Amsterdam (February 2010)
- Willemien Brümmer interviews Etienne van Heerden for the South African newspaper Die Burger: In die “Agste Kleur” (5 December 2008)
- Linette Retief talks to Etienne van Heerden, for the South African Sunday newspaper Rapport (5 January 2006)
- Dutch poet Alfred Schaffer interviews Etienne van Heerden for the July 2007 edition of the Dutch journal Bunker Hill: Vragen aan Etienne van Heerden voor Schrijversvertrekken
- Interview, de Volkskrant, Amsterdam (Fred de Vries / Etienne van Heerden): Met behoedsame kamera-oë (November 2005)
- Gerrit Brand interviews Etienne van Heerden about his sixth novel, In stede van die liefde, for the South African newspaper Die Burger (October 2005)
- Theo Kemp in discussion with Etienne van Heerden for the South African magazine De Kat: Uit die hiernamaals van die Karoo
- Dutch journalist and author Christiaan Weijts asks Etienne van Heerden about “De ‘onvoorspelbare geschiedenis’ van Zuid-Afrika”
- Iowa Digital Library: Etienne van Heerden and Thembeni Qabula, University of Iowa, Fall 1990